Microsoft has revealed the latest list of games for Xbox Game Pass, including a new life simulator that takes you to a Disney version of Pelican Town.
Headlining this month’s Xbox Game Pass releases is the Disney Dreamlight Valley. A cross between Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, and pretty much all of Disney’s popular IPs, it’s a lightweight RPG simulator that has you exploring a magical land and helping the joyful characters who call it home. You will meet your neighbors, craft items and complete quests.
Dreamlight Valley may use its influences on its sleeve, but it seems to take the genre in some new directions. It puts a big focus on storytelling, challenging you to complete a bunch of main adventures and optional tasks, all given to you by classic Disney and Pixar characters. It’s also available to stream through Xbox Cloud Gaming if you’re an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber.
At the opposite end of the tonal spectrum is Metal: Hellsinger. Also coming to Game Pass this month, the demonic FPS is a mix of classic rhythm games and Doom. You’ll be able to rip and tear your way through hordes of horned monsters to the beat of an original heavy metal soundtrack. It features a bunch of acclaimed professional musicians including Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God and Matt Heafy of Trivium.
Microsoft also announced (opens in new tab) that sci-fi strategy game Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation is coming to Game Pass. A full-scale RTS, it mimics Supreme Commander’s bombastic and colorful warfare, delivering you vast armies of robots and frigates to crush together.
It is accompanied by the well-received Opus Magnum mechanical puzzle, Train Sim World 3 locomotive simulator, ironic driving game You Suck at Parking, and tactical Despot’s Game. The children’s shooter DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace is also coming.
Here’s when all of this month’s Game Pass titles will be released:
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: Founder’s Edition (Cloud, Console and PC) – Available Now
- Opus Magnum (PC) – available now
- Train Sim World 3 (Console and PC) – available now
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC) – September 13
- DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 13
- You suck at parking (cloud, console and PC) – September 14
- Despot Game (Console and PC) – September 15
- Metal: Hellsinger (PC and Xbox Series X|S) – September 15
As usual, several games will also leave Microsoft’s subscription service. You have until Thursday, September 15th to complete the following:
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (cloud, console and PC)
- Aragami 2 (cloud, console and PC)
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (cloud, console and PC)
- Craftopia (cloud, console and PC)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console and PC)
- I am fish (cloud, console and PC)
- Missing Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Mighty Goose (cloud, console and PC)
- SkateBird (cloud, console and PC)
- The Artful Escape (cloud, console and PC)