We voted the Ninja Foodi Dual Zone Air Fryer Home Device of the Year at the 2022 Choice Awards sponsored by Sky Broadband. We think it’s the best fryer you can buy, as do many others – and that means it’s been rarer than chicken’s teeth these past few weeks. The smaller version is completely sold out in the UK and sells for silly money on eBay, but if you’re quick you can pick up the 9.6L model for far less than the Ninja scalpers are charging for the smaller one.
It’s worth noting that this air fryer has different names in different markets: it’s Ninja Foodi Max Dual Zone Air Fryer AF400UK in the UK and Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 10-quart Air Fryer with DualZone Technology (DZ401) in the US.
Why is Ninja selling out so quickly?
The cost of living crisis in the UK is driving thousands of people to buy fryers and instant pots because they are very energy efficient: they cook in less time and use much less energy than traditional stoves and ovens. But manufacturers weren’t expecting such a surge in demand, and as a result, there were scenes at many retailers with too many people trying to get their hands on very limited supplies.
That panic buying wasn’t really a factor in other countries. If you live in the US, you can still buy one at Amazon for $199.95 (opens in new tab)🇧🇷
For UK customers, however, it’s been even worse online, because whenever something is in limited supply, scalpers step in. Things got so bad that Ninja had to warn consumers about fake auction listings and online scalpers. So this deal is not just a fair price; is to make sure you aren’t lining a scalper’s pockets as well.
The only real downside to buying the larger model here is that, well, it’s bigger. This is great in terms of cooking capacity – especially with the holiday season right around the corner – but it’s quite heavy and bulky, coming in at nearly 9kg/20lbs. If that’s a little too much for you, check out our guide to the other Black Friday air fryer deals to see what else is available.
More Black Friday deals
- amazon: 50% off TVs, AirPods, clothing and toys (opens in new tab)
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: dropped to $199 on Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Best buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops and iPads (opens in new tab)
- Cheap TVs: Best Buy’s $79.99 Smart TVs (opens in new tab)
- Christmas trees: prices starting at $38.99 (opens in new tab)
- Dell: Laptops Starting at $299.99 (opens in new tab)
- Gift ideas: 40% off Amazon Christmas Gifts (opens in new tab)
- Home Depot: 50% off tools and appliances (opens in new tab)
- Lowe’s: $750 off appliances, decor, and tools (opens in new tab)
- Macy’s: coats, sweaters and boots from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Overstock: 70% off decor and furniture (opens in new tab)
- Nectar: up to $500 off mattresses + freebies (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom: 50% off UGG, Nike and North Face (opens in new tab)
- Samsung: $2,500 off TVs and Appliances (opens in new tab)
- Sephora: 50% off makeup, perfume and gifts (opens in new tab)
- Target: 45% off toys, TVs, Keurig and more (opens in new tab)
- Toys: 50% off top selling toys at Walmart (opens in new tab)
- Ulta: up to 50% off makeup, hair and perfume (opens in new tab)
- Verizon: get iPhone 14 Pro for free (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: 60% off toys, TVs, vacuums and laptops (opens in new tab)
- Fair: Up to 80% off Sitewide + Free Shipping (opens in new tab)